Known as a Washington Bartender LicenseA MAST permit, or Mandatory Alcohol Server Training permit, is required by law for anyone who serves, mixes, sells, or supervises the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption in Washington State. This includes employees of bars, restaurants, liquor stores, and other establishments that sell alcohol. The MAST permit is sometimes referred to as a Washington bartender license. MAST training teaches employees how to identify and prevent intoxicated customers, how to refuse service to intoxicated customers, and how to handle other alcohol-related situations.
To get a MAST permit, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a MAST training course (our bartender license course will get you a MAST permit)
Here are some of the benefits of having a MAST permit:
- It shows that you are committed to responsible alcohol service.
- It can help you get a job in the hospitality industry.
- It can help you avoid fines and other penalties for serving alcohol to minors or intoxicated customers.
- It can help you protect yourself and your customers from the dangers of alcohol abuse.